FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
MetWest Eye Centre offers introductory answers to frequently asked questions about treatments, conditions and our services. Click on a subject heading below to view questions and answers relating to your selection. Links throughout the answers will guide you to further information on our website. If you have a question that you would like answered that you cannot find, please contact us via email on email@example.com
Do you have questions about surgical procedures and what to expect when you come to Metwest Eye Centre for surgery? All your general questions answered.
- Can I get there by public transport?
- Can I park my car?
- Can I use my health fund?
- How do I find the MetWest Eye Centre?
- How long will my appointment take?
- Is there wheelchair access?
- What are the business hours?
- What do I need to bring for my visit?
- Will there be a cost for my visit?
Common queries about conditions answered, with detailed explanations of what to expect, how the condition develops and your options.
- Are there any symptoms I should watch out for?
- Can I ever stop treatment?
- Can I have any other treatment for cataract?
- Can I have eye disease without any symptoms?
- How do I use my eye drops?
- How do people know when they have a cataract?
- How long will it take for my eye to heal?
- How soon will my vision improve?
- How will I feel, and how will my eye feel during the post-operative period of healing?
- How will I know if I need surgery?
- I am a diabetic and the sole carer of my invalid husband. I really depend on my eyes for driving and reading his medications. What can I do to look after my vision?
- I have had diabetes for 15 years and had my eyes screened 3 times. Each time the doctor told me everything was OK. Do I still need to continue with screening?
- Is Glaucoma affected by the use of my eyes?
- Is there anything I should avoid doing after surgery?
- Should I use my present glasses?
- What happens after the surgery?
- What is a cataract?
- What is Glaucoma?
- What is my new implant like?
- What special treatment does my eye require while healing?
- What will my eye feel like after surgery?
- When is the best time to have cataract surgery?
- Why do I need an injection into my eye?
- Will I need to get new glasses?
- Will my vision get better?
- Will the Glaucoma go away?
Read about available treatments in a simple question and answer format.
- Do I have to use drops - can't I just take a tablet?
- Do Intravitreal Injections hurt?
- How are cataracts treated?
- What is an Intravitreal Injection?
- What is Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT)?
- When can I stop having injections?
- When can I stop using my glaucoma eye drops?
- Why do I need to use eye drops?
Brief descriptions providing insight to diagnostic testing and procedures
- Are there any risks involved in the angiogram?
- Are there any side effects of Fluorescein Angiograms?
- How many field tests can I have a year?
- What are Fluorescein Angiograms?
- What is a B-scan?
- What is a Humphrey Visual Field test?
- What is an Orthoptist?
- What is Biometry?
- What is Fundal Photography?
- What is OCT?
- What is Pachymetry?
- What is Yag Capsulotomy?
- What minor ops do MetWest Eye Centre perform?
- Why do I need to repeat the Humphrey Visual Field Test?
Please visit our Glossary of Terms page for an explanation of terms used.