Providing quality eye care to the people of Sydney’s Greater West for over 20 years
MetWest Eye Centre is a privately owned ophthalmology practice, centrally located at Blacktown in the heart of Western Sydney.
In business since 1985 the Centre has grown to accommodate the growing population of the area and offers patients a highly professional and friendly eye service with specialist doctors available to treat most eye conditions using the latest technologies and equipment.
In 1993 a purpose built ophthalmic day surgery was created on the 1st floor which provides an accredited facility for our doctors to operate on patients, all in less than 3 hours. This facility has contracts with all the leading health funds and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs ensuring patients no out of pocket costs for their hospital stay.
Things you need to know
- On-site accredited day surgery for eye operations
- Centre hours of business are Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm.
- A referral letter is needed from the local doctor or optometrist
- Department of Veteran Affairs gold card holders are fully covered
- MetWest Eye Centre is a private specialist facility
- All eye emergencies are seen on the day
- On-site and unrestricted street parking
- All major credit cards accepted (Amex and Diner’s excluded)
- Eftpos facilities are available
- The Day Surgery is located on the first floor, with no lift facilities available
- Transport and accommodation for day surgery patients can be arranged on request.
- Appointments can be made via phone (02 9622 7667) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our Mission is to deliver quality day surgery that is stress-free and committed to providing high standards of patient care with excellent surgical outcomes.
Our Vision is to be the preferred day surgery centre for quality eye care in the Western metropolitan area.
Our Values are
- Complete patient satisfaction with all aspects of care
- Commitment to continuing education and maintaining staff satisfaction
- Striving for quality outcomes in surgical techniques
When attending a consultation with our eye doctors a referral letter from your general practitioner or optometrist is required every 12 months. This is to enable you to claim a rebate from Medicare Australia. Your appointment may take up to 3 hours. You may have dilating drops instilled in your eyes in order for the ophthalmologist to see the back of your eye. These drops may take between 20-40 minutes to work. Your eyes may be blurry for a period of hours after your visit. We recommend you bring someone with you to drive you home, and a pair of sunglasses to reduce the incidence of glare.